Friday, October 28, 2005

zazzle


my stamp gallery
Flickr just offered some new options. You can now send your flickr photos to a printer from within flickr and either have prints mailed to you or to your nearest Target Store for pickup. I don't think I'll ever use that service. You can also select various sets of your photos to make into a book. I don't think I'll ever use that either. Not that I don't want a book, but because I need to have more control over how it looks than is currently offered by this service. I'm working on that now (creating a book) and will report on my efforts soon. But what caught my attention from the new offerings is the ability to create US Postage stamps out of your artwork. You can create them to use privately, or you can "publish" them for others to buy. If you sell any, you get a small royalty. I decided to give it a try and have submitted 3 of my more popular images. Click on the images in the gallery to see the stamps. Pretty cool, actually.

No comments: